Breakfast PattiesCategory: Breakfast Course: Side Dish | Entrée Cuisine: American Serves: 6 Units In: 2-inch patties
Don't let the size of these little breakfast patties fool you. Slightly sweet, definitely savory, and not found wanting in nutritional value... they pack a lot of flavor-punch in every scrumptious bite!
- 1/2 cup texturized vegetable protein
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoon flaxseeds ground
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoon Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup water
10min 12min 34-37min
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the textured vegetable protein and hot water. Set aside to soak for 7 - 10 minutes.
- Next, add all of the dry ingredients to the bowl, and mix together well.
- Add Bragg Liquid Aminos, maple syrup, and molasses and stir all together thoroughly. Let the mixture sit for approximately 15 minutes, to allow the flavors and ingredient to absorb and meld together.
- Preheat oven; temperature set for 350° F.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal parts, and form into patties. Evenly place on parchment paper or a lightly greased cookie sheet. NOTE: You may shape your patties using the lid of a jar. Use cling wrap to line the cover of the jar, then press the protein mixture into the jar cover by using the back of a spoon.
- Bake patties for 7 minutes, and then turn them over to bake the other side for another 5 minutes.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the Glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)
NotesServe these breakfast patties with pancakes/waffles, oven potatoes, or toast with gravy. If you try this recipe and enjoy it, please share your experience in the comment box below! Maranatha!