Cornmeal PorridgeCategory: Breakfast Course: Entrée Cuisine: American Serves: 5 Units In: cup
Packed with a plethora of nutriment, this creamy golden cornmeal goodness is just what you need to fuel and warm you up on a cold winter morning or maybe a chilly afternoon!
- 4 cup water
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- Place water, cornmeal and salt in a 2 quart pot. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and cover. Let simmer for 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Mix together (separately) coconut milk, flour, cardamom, vanilla, and coriander. After well mixed, add into the cornmeal.
- Cook for about 5 minutes to thicken, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the cane sugar and sweeten to taste.
- Serve in a cereal bowl, while still hot.
- Eat and Enjoy - to the Glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)
NotesIf you try this recipe and enjoy it, please share your experience in the comment box below! Maranatha!