Hey, Haystacks!!!Category: Dinner Course: Entrée Cuisine: American Serves: 9
Who would have thought?! A mound of healthy deliciousness could be piled into every morsel! And the varied tastes and textures give this low-maintenance dish an extra edge.
- 3 cup pinto beans
- 7 cup water
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
10-20min 105min 720min
- Soak beans overnight in a generous amount of water.
- On the following morning, rinse and drain beans.
- Place soaked beans into a pot with 7 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until beans are tender. (You may need to add more water. Please use your best judgment.)
- When beans are tender: strain any excess water (if necessary), add remaining ingredients (except corn chips and toppings), and stir together well.
- To blend flavors, simmer for several more minutes; then remove from heat.
NotesIf you try this recipe and enjoy it, please share your experience in the comment box below! Maranatha!