Herb & Garlic PizzaCategory: Dinner Course: Entrée Cuisine: Italian Serves: 2 Units In: large deep-dish pizza
Definitely not your ordinary pizza! An herbed, deep-dish crust lends a depth of taste that is complimented by an inviting, colorful blend of toppings. With or without cheese, it's delicious!
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 4-5 cup unbleached flour
25min 50min 1440min
- Sauté first three ingredients, then set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together next three ingredients and let bubble for 10 minutes.
- Stir together well all crust ingredients (those mentioned before and that which remain) EXCEPT the flour.
- Add flour one cup at a time, making a soft dough.
- Place dough on floured counter. Knead approximately 5 minutes.
- Place in bowl and cover, set aside in a warm place (If your kitchen is cool, put the bowl in the oven). Let rise until double, about 30 minutes.
- (If bowl was placed in oven, remove after 30 minutes) Preheat oven; temperature set for 350° F.
- After this time - punch down, knead and shape dough into pizza crust. Place on pizza pan.
- Cover and let rise until almost double (about 20 minutes).
- Bake at 350° F for about 30 minutes. Use a dinner knife to test the middle of the dough.
- NOTE: Because of the nature of yeast, please wait 24 hours before finishing your pizza. You can leave the crust out overnight; just put a clean cloth over it.
NotesThis recipe is sooooooooooo good, and the crust is soooooooooo fluffy!!! If you try this recipe and enjoy it, please share your experience in the comment box below! Maranatha!