Lemon Sandwich CookiesCategory: Dessert Course: Treat Serves: 12 Units In: cookie sanwhich
Soft and chewy cookie sandwiches with a sweet and creamy frosting!
- 1 cup earth balance butter
- 1 1/2 cup cane crystal
- 1 egg-replacer
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Ener-G baking powder
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add egg replacer and beat in well. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and mix until well blended. Add salt, baking powder and flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Roll cookies in 1 inch ball and place on greased cookie sheet. Space cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart from each other. Press cookie balls down slightly and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden on te edges of cookies.
NotesIf you try this recipe and enjoy it, please share your experience in the comment box below! Maranatha!