Tofu NuggetsCategory: Dinner Course: Appetizer | Side Dish | Entrée Serves: 4
These tasty nuggets can be eaten bite-size or in a sandwich served with some oven fries!
- 1 pack firm tofu
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 3-4 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon chicken style seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Break the tofu into uneven chunks/pieces with your hands. Freeze your tofu, and then thaw in the fridge. If the tofu is not completely thawed, it will finish to thaw in the broth.
- Place tofu into a bowl, and pour the vegetable broth, garlic, and Bragg liquid aminos over the top (you just have to make sure the tofu is completely covered). You can use a freezer Ziploc bag if you want. Set aside in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours.
- In a bowl, combine the oat flour, nutritional yeast, chicken-style seasoning, sea salt, coconut sugar, and spices together.
- In another bowl, pour the arrowroot powder.
- Once the tofu has marinated, gently dip the chunks with your hands into the arrowroot powder. Remove the tofu from the arrowroot powder, and dip into the breading. Make sure all the sides are coated. Repeat the process until all your pieces are well coated. Set aside. You can freeze your leftover vegetable broth for later, if you want.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Oil your cookie sheet or use parchment paper. Gently place the tofu pieces on cookie sheet. Starting on the bottom rack, bake tofu for about 7-10 minutes. After 10 minutes, move tofu to the top rack and back for the final 5 minutes.
- Eat and Enjoy-to the glory of God! (1 Corinthians 10:31)
NotesIf you try this recipe and enjoy it, please share your experience in the comment box below! Maranatha!